Monday, December 19, 2011

This is interesting

This is a picture of the Kavach Building from Google Earth.  I added the red square.  Thats not the interesting part.


I came up with the idea to grab this picture just as something else to put here on the blog.  And when I thought of it I thought this would be cool, because even from street level I can see there's some neat things up on the roof.  I think there's another apartment or a penthouse or something up there.  So I thought this would mean I could get a better look at those and I felt stupid for not thinking of it before.

But get this.  I can't.  If I try to use the sidebar slider thing to get any closer the map goes all gray-blue and I get the message "We are sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region.  Try zooming out for a broader look."

It's like the Goggle satellites just skimmed over this part of the city and didn't want to look too close at it.  I even tried searching Hollywood and dragging the map over this way.  As soon as it gets to the Kavach Building I get the zoom level message

Curioser and Curioser

No comments:

Post a Comment