Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It isn’t just me


So, it turns out I’m not the only one watching the Kavach Building. 

I hadn’t been over there in a while so I headed over and checked on things.  The gate was closed and locked as always.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a building that consistently has its front gate closed like this.  You always find them propped open now and then.  There’s some paper balled up in the latch or a rock at the bottom of the frame or something.  Not here.  Always closed.  Always locked.

There aren’t any spikes on the actual gate.  I’ve thought about climbing over it a couple times.  Don’t think I’ve hit quite that level of building-stalker-dom though, even after all this time.

I turned around to head back to the subway and noticed the guy in the car.  He was parked in the space closest to the car wash, but not the one lone one down by the corner, so he had to twist just a little bit back to look at the building.  At first I thought someone had come out behind me that he was looking at, but there wasn’t anybody there.  He was just watching the building.  Not just—he was watching it.  He just looked a little too intense or focused, if that makes sense.  Like an undercover cop or something.  That Kavach Building wasn’t going to pull anything while he was on the job.

I hope I don’t look like that when I’m out there. 

I looked back and forth between him and the building a couple times.  I must’ve looked pretty dumb because I was standing in the middle of the street.  He saw me and made a big show of looking away and stretching.  It was kind of lame.  I walked past his car and saw he had a laptop and a pair of binoculars on the passenger seat.

I asked him if he was waiting for someone.  He nodded, said they were due out any minute.  Never asked if I lived in the building.  I tried to be subtle getting my phone out but he spotted me.  Gave me a really harsh look and didn’t stop staring at me until I was at the end of the block.


Part of me thinks I should call the cops.  For all I know he’s a stalker or something.  I’m pretty sure the blue-haired girl (from Valentine’s Day) lives in the front.  He can probably look right in her apartment with those binoculars, although I don’t know if he’d see anything from this angle except her ceiling.  He could see down the side of the building, too.  Not the best sight lines either way.  But what would I tell the cops?  While i was lurking outside this building I think I saw a stalker?

2 comments:

  1. thats super creepy, i cant help but think there is something very important or very bad in that building the gov wants to keep under wraps. but that could just be me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that book too.
    I used some of your photo and I linked back to your blog, hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete